What is Maskne?
- Let's face it, face coverings have become the new normal. Everywhere you go someone is wearing a mask. "Maskne." Which are combined words, "mask" and "acne," is a term all over social media. Face coverings are causing skin breakouts because oil, dirt and grim are trapped in the masks if not washed properly which causes your skin to break out. Masks are breeding grounds that trap sweat and bacteria on the skin.
- Many breakouts are causing whiteheads to form on the skin around the nose, chin and cheeks. I myself experience Maskne on my jaw line due to wearing a mask.
Cleansing your Face
- Keeping your face cleansed with a natural gentle sea salt facial cleanser target bacteria and removes excess oil. It's very important to cleanse your skin after your mask and very important to use a cleanser that won't strip your skin.
- Exfoliation is crucial in removing the dead skin cells.
- Be diligent with your skincare routine. Now is not the time to slouch off because you are wearing a mask.
- Wash your Mask everyday.
As always stay Gorgeous,